sabato 27 giugno 2015

University and real world, right equilibrium!

Which is the right mean between University and real world? It’s an important question for me, because I’m seeing, during my university years, that to be a good student is important, but when you’ll be thrown in the working world, will be the same thing? I’m saying, to be a good student will be more important than to be flexible, to have an innovative approach at the problems and to have an open mind in your future work? I don’t know if the standardization of the school, and the approaches of the students at the study, is the right way to prepare the future of our country at the working world. Why I’m saying this?

Some days ago, I was surfing on the Boston Consulting Group’s website, just to my knowledge and to see what are the criteria to choose the future associates. In the ‘career section’ and ‘work with us’ you can find all this information. Reading here, I found some interesting things. The first one, it’s that they seek people from colleges and universities all over the world, but don’t saying that they want students from famous and prestigious schools even if in reality it is so, if you seek better on the web. The second one are the features of the perfect candidate. They want talent people, which wishing a brilliant and stimulant career. During the interview you’ll have to solve a problem in front of the recruiter and, it’s wrote, you won’t have to use the concept that you have studied, not pre-made concept or approaches learned in your university’s years. You’ll need to be yourself and show to be able to solve problem in an innovative but operative way, because the right answer at the question there’s not.

With this simple example I want to ask you, why you prefer meet people from the best universities of the world but you want an innovative approach at the problem solving? Don’t you believe that a lot of talented people remain outside? I agree that the personal talent is necessary to overcome obstacles, but how do you improve it if the school is oriented to a standard approach? How if you study only on book theories which are no real in real world? How you can improve your personal talent and problem solving, applied at what are you studying if the professors want that you know by heart their books? You know, I talking about the Italian system, I don’t know the different approaches in the rest of the world.

Do these colossal company give also the same possibilities at the student which has studied at the public universities? I don’t know, I hope it, but I’m sure that if it’s so, when I’ll reach my goal before others who has studied in a prestigious universities, the satisfaction will be hundred times higher. Maybe something it’s changing, because some of these company (I guess! I hope it!) allow to have a stage for the summer or ten-twelve weeks during the year if they see in you that you are capable. In these cases such companies could also propose you a job, during on which they pay a master or something like that in one of the prestigious universities of the world, because an investment on a human capital can produce earnings in long-run much more than others.

I tried to explain my thoughts in English, because that could reach much more readers all over the world, even if it’s only the Italian student’s opinion. I hope I was clear with my English and I would like to know the opinion of someone of these big company. Meanwhile, I go to eat a slice of pizza and to finish to study for the exam of Monday, where I have two books (wrote by my professor) to learn.



Lo studente, Matthew Shod


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento